Thursday, May 8, 2008

Another dazzling entry!

By faithful reader Chrystina Riggs. Nothing like a baby/toddler birthday that brings out the cake-artistry in people. AND this is a total twofer!! Same party TWO sweet 50 pound cakes. ANd thank you Chrystina for providing delightful commentary so I don't have to think this morning. Bless you.

"Saturday my boyfriend and I attended our nephew's 1 year birthday. My boyfriend's mom decided to make a plane cake because, for whatever reason, our nephew's parents decided on having lots of planes and crap in the baby room. Now, admitedly, the cake isn't that bad given that its maker has multiple schlerosis, but it is a monstrosity."
Photobucket
Photobucket

"It took 6 boxes of cake mix and I'm pretty sure the icing was straight sugar. The wings were chocolate, the rest was yellow cake.The leftover pieces were made into a creepy cake crucifix, which I'm fairly sure is blasphemous to eat, but the 1-year-old ate it anyhow cos babies only go to purgatory or something. Point being, the cross cake was all lopsided and the pieces were all vastly different shapes and sizes, though it is hard to tell by the photo. There were jokes about taking home the leftovers, of which there was quite a lot: "I'll take the fuselage" to "Oh, I guess this is the real mystery of Lost.""
Photobucket
Wicked Awesome.

No comments: